Our Lamb Partners
The close knitted relationship between farmers and restaurant owners is a key factor in maintaining the quality and integrity of the Icelandic lamb. Our restaurant partners offer only quality Icelandic Lamb, celebrating the diversity and uniqueness of Icelandic Lamb meat. The distinctive taste is a result of the wild pastures; the grass and the aromatic and spicy herbs on which the lambs graze.
- Bjarteyjarsandur The farmhouse restaurant is in a building that used to be a barn, which is where its namesake comes from; Hlaðan (The barn). The menu consists of local products from the farm and its surroundings. Eating at Bjarteyjarsandur is more than just eating great food, it is a food experience, where you are told the story behind the dish you are being served.
- Dill e try to use what surrounds us and embrace our old traditions in our own way. We allow our ingredients to shine in their own simplicity without all accessories but most importantly we try to have fun while we are at it. DILL restaurant is open Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 6:00 PM
- Egilsstaðir Hotel Edda The capital of the east has its own international airport and a host of local attractions. Among them are Hallormsstaður, Iceland's biggest forest, the extinct Mount Snæfell volcano, Atlavík's sandy cove and the beautiful Lagarfljot river. Our restaurant is open from 18:30 - 21:00.
- Fiskfélagið Housed in the old Zimsen house, a former store that was built in the 19th century, the Fish Company’s interior is both glamorous and cozy, with an old rocking chair sitting comfortably next to the bar, a centre of elegant cuisine to dine in Reykjavík. The courses influenced by Nordic fusion, but grounded in solid Icelandic cuisine, set the taste buds a flight and out of the world.
- Food Cellar Food Cellar is a Grill & Cocktail bar, situated in a 160 year old building in the center of Reykjavík. We like to think that Food is for your body and Music is for your soul. The food is in the Icelandic brasserie style of food, elegantly prepared by our skilled and enthusiastic chefs, using the Icelandic finest ingredients.
- Geiri Smart Downtown Reykjavík is all about throwing a good, old-fashioned soirée. Making allowances for eccentricities in chic sophistication is the essence of Geiri Smart Restaurant. On a culinary level, it's simply implementing a good idea whenever it presents itself. There are no fixed rules and we play it by ear depending on what our farmers have to offer at any given moment.
- Grillið Enjoy stunning panoramas of Reykjavik and the surrounding mountains and sea while you dine on delectable dishes expertly prepared with fresh ingredients by our award-winning chefs. At Grillid our mission is to provide our guests with a memorable night at a unique location, which stays with you until long afterwards.
- Haust Restaurant Welcome to Haust, a unique restaurant centrally located in Reykjavík. The menu focuses on fresh Icelandic produce cooked to perfection by some of Iceland's finest chefs. Haust is the Icelandic word for autumn—harvest time. Mindful of that, we prepare our menu based on the bounty of each season.
- Heydalur The old barn has been reconstructed as a hall with the restaurant where we serve meals prepared with local ingredients from 11:30 am to 3 pm and from 6 pm to 10 pm. Come to taste the mushrooms and the blueberries from the valley, the lamb meat from the next farm, the smoked puffin, the trout from our fish pond and the salmon from Heydal’s river.
- Íslenski Barinn Bar and restaurant serves all the Icelandic brewed beers and spirits. Here you can try out some traditional Icelandic delicacies, have an ice cold beer and listen to Icelandic music. The Icelandic Bar is not „the new trend“, rather it is a sanctuary where hospitality and menu aims to pass a standard as old as the story of the nation, the standard of the Icelandic grandmother.
- Restaurant Hótel RangáThe restaurant at Hotel Rangá is an acclaimed gourmet restaurant, overlooking one of Iceland's finest salmon rivers, East-Rangá River. The restaurant's motto is the concept of a ”Farmers Market“ — in effect using predominantly local ingredients of the highest quality and freshness — following seasonal availability.
- Sæmundur í Sparifötunum Sæmundur í Sparifötunum is the gastro pub at the heart of KEX Hostel. It's not quite a fancy bistro but swankier than your ordinary pub grub, Sæmundur is that sweet spot in the middle, like the cream filling in the sandwich biscuit it takes it's name from and was baked in the old biscuit factory.
- Settlement Museum Curiosity is not the only hunger you can satisfy at the Settlement Centre, with our bright and spacious second-floor restaurant offering a tasty selection. A local favorite is our daily wellness buffet, featuring freshly prepared soups, salads, pasta courses and homemade bread. Available every day from 11:30 am to 15 pm.
- Sjávargrillið It was in 2010 that a young lad from Húsavík was awarded the title Chef of the Year 2010. The young chef, Gústav Axel Gunnlaugsson spent months traveling around Iceland looking for the real taste of Iceland and on the road Gústav came up with a menu like no other, Gústav's interpretation of the collective grill taste of his homeland, Iceland.
- Slippbarinn The concept of Slippbarinn is that it will never be fully formed but ever-changing. The diverse cocktail menus are a collection of creative experiments drawn from the different backgrounds of the dynamic bar team and various artists. Food and drinks are based on a classic foundation with a twist where emphasis is on fresh ingredients, interesting flavours and bold presentation.
- Westfjords Fosshotel Fosshotel Westfjords is a three-star hotel in the small fishing village of Patreksfjörður, gateway to some of Iceland greatest attractions. Close to Fosshotel Westfjords is Látrabjarg Nesting Cliff, the magnificent Dynjandi Waterfall and Rauðasandur, the fascinating red sand beach.
- Ytra Lón farm lodge A tidy guesthouse 14 km / 9 mi along the coastline north of Þórshöfn village on the Langanes peninsula in Northeast Iceland, far from the hustle and bustle of city life (652 km / 405 mi from Reykjavík). An outdoor recreational paradise for nature lovers, hikers, and birdwatchers.