Our Lamb Partners
The close knitted relationship between farmers and restaurant owners is a key factor in maintaining the quality and integrity of the Icelandic lamb. Our restaurant partners offer only quality Icelandic Lamb, celebrating the diversity and uniqueness of Icelandic Lamb meat. The distinctive taste is a result of the wild pastures; the grass and the aromatic and spicy herbs on which the lambs graze.
- Bjarteyjarsandur The farmhouse restaurant is in a building that used to be a barn, which is where its namesake comes from; Hlaðan (The barn). The menu consists of local products from the farm and its surroundings. Eating at Bjarteyjarsandur is more than just eating great food, it is a food experience, where you are told the story behind the dish you are being served.
- Borgin Restaurant Borgin Restaurant is Hótel Blanda in the town of Blönduós in North-West of Iceland. Fantastic scenery and black sand beaches with a view to the North-Atlantic ocean. The restaurant offers a wide range of seafood and lamb, sometimes with unexpected twists on flavors and combinations.
- Dæli At the location in Víðidalur Valley, a flourishing farming community in Northwest Iceland, the hosts at Dæli have been welcoming guests since 1988. Dæli is perfect for stopovers for travelers heading North and South or for longer stays to enjoy the many interesting sights and outdoor activities that the area has to offer
- Dill e try to use what surrounds us and embrace our old traditions in our own way. We allow our ingredients to shine in their own simplicity without all accessories but most importantly we try to have fun while we are at it. DILL restaurant is open Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 6:00 PM
- Egilsstaðir Hotel Edda The capital of the east has its own international airport and a host of local attractions. Among them are Hallormsstaður, Iceland's biggest forest, the extinct Mount Snæfell volcano, Atlavík's sandy cove and the beautiful Lagarfljot river. Our restaurant is open from 18:30 - 21:00.
- Fiskfélagið Housed in the old Zimsen house, a former store that was built in the 19th century, the Fish Company’s interior is both glamorous and cozy, with an old rocking chair sitting comfortably next to the bar, a centre of elegant cuisine to dine in Reykjavík. The courses influenced by Nordic fusion, but grounded in solid Icelandic cuisine, set the taste buds a flight and out of the world.
- Food Cellar Food Cellar is a Grill & Cocktail bar, situated in a 160 year old building in the center of Reykjavík. We like to think that Food is for your body and Music is for your soul. The food is in the Icelandic brasserie style of food, elegantly prepared by our skilled and enthusiastic chefs, using the Icelandic finest ingredients.
- Geiri Smart Downtown Reykjavík is all about throwing a good, old-fashioned soirée. Making allowances for eccentricities in chic sophistication is the essence of Geiri Smart Restaurant. On a culinary level, it's simply implementing a good idea whenever it presents itself. There are no fixed rules and we play it by ear depending on what our farmers have to offer at any given moment.
- Grillið Enjoy stunning panoramas of Reykjavik and the surrounding mountains and sea while you dine on delectable dishes expertly prepared with fresh ingredients by our award-winning chefs. At Grillid our mission is to provide our guests with a memorable night at a unique location, which stays with you until long afterwards.
- Haust Restaurant Welcome to Haust, a unique restaurant centrally located in Reykjavík. The menu focuses on fresh Icelandic produce cooked to perfection by some of Iceland's finest chefs. Haust is the Icelandic word for autumn—harvest time. Mindful of that, we prepare our menu based on the bounty of each season.
- Heydalur The old barn has been reconstructed as a hall with the restaurant where we serve meals prepared with local ingredients from 11:30 am to 3 pm and from 6 pm to 10 pm. Come to taste the mushrooms and the blueberries from the valley, the lamb meat from the next farm, the smoked puffin, the trout from our fish pond and the salmon from Heydal’s river.
- Hótel Varmahlíð Family run hotel located right by Road No. 1, in the village of Varmahlíð, in North Iceland. We concentrate on providing excellent local food and first-rate service in our restaurant. We cooperate with local farms and therefore can guarantee the best ingredients the region has to offer.
- Hraunsnef Hraunsnef Country Hotel is located on the West part of Iceland just of route 1, by the volcanic crate Grábrók. The restaurant uses products from the farm and process everything onsite. The meat is smoked in special smoke chambers and even the pottery the food is served on is made on the farm.
- Íslenski Barinn Bar and restaurant serves all the Icelandic brewed beers and spirits. Here you can try out some traditional Icelandic delicacies, have an ice cold beer and listen to Icelandic music. The Icelandic Bar is not „the new trend“, rather it is a sanctuary where hospitality and menu aims to pass a standard as old as the story of the nation, the standard of the Icelandic grandmother.
- Krauma Krauma Restaurant serves Icelandic cuisine from the freshest local farm produced ingredients. Relax in the comfortable environment of the restaurant while enjoying the spectacular view of Europe's most powerful hot spring. he restaurant and bar are open all year round and can seat 70 guests inside and another 60 outside on the terrace if weather permits.
- Lamb Street food Lamb Street Food draws much inspiration from Iceland's rich gastronomic past. Here you'll find the happy marriage of high quality Icelandic ingredients and age-old culinary traditions from the Far East. Lamb Street Food works closely with Icelandic farmers and producers who supply only the highest quality ingredients.
- Lækjarbrekka Lækjarbrekka is a classic Icelandic restaurant, operated since 1981 and situated in the heart of Reykjavík in one of the oldest and most iconic buildings in the city. Our specialty is Scandinavian cuisine and we strive to create delicious meals from the best possible ingredients and to provide first-class service. The menu includes Icelandic lobster, fresh catch of the day, Icelandic mountain lamb and more.
- Marshall restaurant
The Marshall Restaurant is like being in a chic sit-down in Boston’s Seaport. Like Seaport, Grandi has witnessed a revival in recent times, but few places capture the city-by-the-shore vibe like Marshall does with its sweeping windows, tonnes of natural light, and subdued palette.
- Restaurant Hótel RangáThe restaurant at Hotel Rangá is an acclaimed gourmet restaurant, overlooking one of Iceland's finest salmon rivers, East-Rangá River. The restaurant's motto is the concept of a ”Farmers Market“ — in effect using predominantly local ingredients of the highest quality and freshness — following seasonal availability.
- Sæmundur í Sparifötunum Sæmundur í Sparifötunum is the gastro pub at the heart of KEX Hostel. It's not quite a fancy bistro but swankier than your ordinary pub grub, Sæmundur is that sweet spot in the middle, like the cream filling in the sandwich biscuit it takes it's name from and was baked in the old biscuit factory.
- Settlement Museum Curiosity is not the only hunger you can satisfy at the Settlement Centre, with our bright and spacious second-floor restaurant offering a tasty selection. A local favorite is our daily wellness buffet, featuring freshly prepared soups, salads, pasta courses and homemade bread. Available every day from 11:30 am to 15 pm.
- Sjávargrillið It was in 2010 that a young lad from Húsavík was awarded the title Chef of the Year 2010. The young chef, Gústav Axel Gunnlaugsson spent months traveling around Iceland looking for the real taste of Iceland and on the road Gústav came up with a menu like no other, Gústav's interpretation of the collective grill taste of his homeland, Iceland.
- Slippbarinn The concept of Slippbarinn is that it will never be fully formed but ever-changing. The diverse cocktail menus are a collection of creative experiments drawn from the different backgrounds of the dynamic bar team and various artists. Food and drinks are based on a classic foundation with a twist where emphasis is on fresh ingredients, interesting flavours and bold presentation.
- Umi Hotel UMI Hotel offers a first class restaurant with a magnificent view of the Westman islands and the southern coast line. The restaurant’s beautiful design and the spectacular unspoiled nature surrounding it speaks to the restaurant’s cuisine. e emphasize the use of fresh ingredients from the surrounding area of the highest quality.
- Westfjords Fosshotel Fosshotel Westfjords is a three-star hotel in the small fishing village of Patreksfjörður, gateway to some of Iceland greatest attractions. Close to Fosshotel Westfjords is Látrabjarg Nesting Cliff, the magnificent Dynjandi Waterfall and Rauðasandur, the fascinating red sand beach.
- Wilderness center Every detail at the premises is designed to make the visitor feel as if they are taking part in this adventure. The buildings, interior decorations, food, activities and hosts all play a vital role in this experience. We make all our food in the old kitchen in front of our guests and the emphasis is on local ingredients – just like grandma’s.
- Ytra Lón farm lodge A tidy guesthouse 14 km / 9 mi along the coastline north of Þórshöfn village on the Langanes peninsula in Northeast Iceland, far from the hustle and bustle of city life (652 km / 405 mi from Reykjavík). An outdoor recreational paradise for nature lovers, hikers, and birdwatchers.