Our Lamb Partners
The close knitted relationship between farmers and restaurant owners is a key factor in maintaining the quality and integrity of the Icelandic lamb. Our restaurant partners offer only quality Icelandic Lamb, celebrating the diversity and uniqueness of Icelandic Lamb meat. The distinctive taste is a result of the wild pastures; the grass and the aromatic and spicy herbs on which the lambs graze.
In April each year, the Icelandic Lamb marketing board awards 15-20 restaurant partners with the Icelandic Lamb Award of Excellence. Even though they differ in culinary style and type, the awarded restaurants all offer high quality Icelandic lamb.Among this year’s awardees are fine dining restaurant Grillið, and Lamb Street Food—two completely different restaurants that both offer an amazing Icelandic Lamb experience.
- Íslenski Barinn Bar and restaurant serves all the Icelandic brewed beers and spirits. Here you can try out some traditional Icelandic delicacies, have an ice cold beer and listen to Icelandic music. The Icelandic Bar is not „the new trend“, rather it is a sanctuary where hospitality and menu aims to pass a standard as old as the story of the nation, the standard of the Icelandic grandmother.
- Grillið Enjoy stunning panoramas of Reykjavik and the surrounding mountains and sea while you dine on delectable dishes expertly prepared with fresh ingredients by our award-winning chefs. At Grillid our mission is to provide our guests with a memorable night at a unique location, which stays with you until long afterwards.
- Fiskfélagið Housed in the old Zimsen house, a former store that was built in the 19th century, the Fish Company’s interior is both glamorous and cozy, with an old rocking chair sitting comfortably next to the bar, a centre of elegant cuisine to dine in Reykjavík. The courses influenced by Nordic fusion, but grounded in solid Icelandic cuisine, set the taste buds a flight and out of the world.
- Lamb Street food Lamb Street Food draws much inspiration from Iceland's rich gastronomic past. Here you'll find the happy marriage of high quality Icelandic ingredients and age-old culinary traditions from the Far East. Lamb Street Food works closely with Icelandic farmers and producers who supply only the highest quality ingredients.
- Haust Restaurant Welcome to Haust, a unique restaurant centrally located in Reykjavík. The menu focuses on fresh Icelandic produce cooked to perfection by some of Iceland's finest chefs. Haust is the Icelandic word for autumn—harvest time. Mindful of that, we prepare our menu based on the bounty of each season.